The Affordable Care Act (ACA) of 2010 ushered in significant changes to what healthcare services are delivered and how they are delivered. It also greatly expands the patient populations to whom they are delivered. Many of the law's provisions are being implemented, from the establishment of health insurance exchanges and support for accountable care organizations for insurers to healthcare providers. All are contending with logistical and regulatory challenges to integrate health systems, meet the new public reporting requirements, link payments to quality outcomes for patients and reduce paperwork and administrative costs across the board.
Successful change can be found in new ways of looking at the industry, from leveraging the vast stores of information locked in paper patient records and disparate information systems from which to derive insights neither currently apparent nor actionable to leadership teams. Where Healthcare providers engage in new thinking about their customers, improving care management and adhering to the new regulatory regime, they are finding their own moments of truth.
That’s where we come in. Knowledgent’s Informationists possess deep healthcare expertise which, when coupled with our mastery of data’s life cycle through information, knowledge, insight and foresight, drives the strategies, processes and platforms that differentiate successful firms. Knowledgent partners with leadership teams at their present capability levels to identify, detect and solve gaps in core processes, create analytical insight, integrate the intelligence into current information architectures and develop actionable, compliant initiatives that can be implemented across the enterprise. In addition, we will provide execution support—all with respect for budgets and time frames.
Knowledgent has specific healthcare expertise in:
- Healthcare Plans
- Healthcare Providers
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Membership Data: Assisting healthcare organizations manage member data in support of consumerism, health records and care whether it is mastering the data, aligning it with processes or analyzing it
- Sales Underwriting: Focusing on assisting healthcare plans establish profitable offerings by better understanding risk, product development and support costs while aligning product for the future of consumerism
- Claims processing: Helping organizations convert from ICD 9 to ICD 10 and supporting predictive analytics for revenue management and assurance
- Care Management: Bringing together condition and treatment data across patients, providers and plans in support of cost savings and improved outcomes through advanced analytics