Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing (BI/DW)
The term “business intelligence” has been with us since the mid-90s. According to Forrester Research,
Business intelligence is the set of methodologies, processes, architectures, and technologies that transform raw data into meaningful and useful information used to enable more effective strategic, tactical, and operational insights and decision-making.
- The report style interface has been enhanced by many powerful forms of graphic visualization that enables the discovery of insights in more intuitive ways.
- The basic analytic capability has been expanded by libraries of sophisticated, yet easy-to-use statistical tools, that provide such features as clustering and regression analysis.
- The underlying database management technology has evolved to take advantage of low cost commodity hardware to address ever-increasing volumes of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Mobility has added another powerful dimension to the delivery of business intelligence by making it available anywhere and anytime.
Knowledgent makes a business of monitoring and evaluating technical developments in information analysis. Not only does Knowledgent strive to understand the technological implications, it also strives to evolve the methodologies and approaches that must be used in conjunction with these innovations.
Knowledgent’s Informationists can also provide the business knowledge to frame the context for next generation business intelligence and data warehousing within your organization. Knowledgent has a range of capabilities in the BI/DW space, including:
- Architecture and Blueprints: Let Knowledgent help translate strategic business drivers into a common vision for information technology. We will define core business functions and information requirements, information system sharing and specify standard system components including data, applications and platforms.
- Tool Selection and Recommendations: Engage Knowledgent as an objective business and technology partner in the requirements definition, identification and evaluation of software packages to effectively apply emerging technologies for enhanced business insight
- Enterprise Information Portfolio Rationalization: Develop and maintain an optimal enterprise information portfolio enabling an understanding of the interrelationships among reporting, processes, applications, data and technology
- Data Integration Strategies: The process of integrating data can be quite challenging and complex. From internal to external integrations, replication to ELT/ETL to EAI to EII, let Knowledgent help you identify your needs, priorities, and future and existing capabilities for data integration.
- KPI and Metrics Definition: Without a strategy to understand what matters to the business, analytics initiatives will falter in data chaos. A good place to start is by defining key performance indicators and metrics to effectively support the analytical capabilities for the organization.
- BI/Data Foundation Strategy: Knowledgent provides an in-depth evaluation of the effectiveness of current requirements and technologies available to determine the future BI/Data Foundation Strategy and achieve your specific enterprise BI and data foundation goals and objectives. We specify the roadmap and strategy to meet your data and reporting needs.
- Assessments: Let us evaluate your organization’s current data warehousing and business intelligence implementations and capabilities. We’ll help you determine if your existing technology infrastructure supports your business requirements and strategic goals and identify areas for improvement.
- Knowledgent offers a complete suite of core services that supports the full life cycle of solution implementation from concept and vision through deployment and support.
- We have extensive experience assessing, architecting and implementing complex data solutions, providing expertise in Data Quality Frameworks, Model and Metadata Management, ODS, Data Marts, DW Appliances, Data Warehouses, Reporting and Analytics and ETL /ELT, EAI, EII Data Integration.